I'm sorry, Uesugi-san. I can't be special. That way, no matter who you fall in love with, I can support you with everything I've got.
|― Yotsuba about her feelings towards Fuutarou, Chapter 90|
Yotsuba Nakano (
Yotsuba and her sisters used to enroll at the Black Rose Girls School, thanks to the influence of their stepfather, Maruo Nakano. However, an unfortunate incident prompted them to transfer to Asahiyama High School, where Yotsuba served as the representative of class 3-1 in her last high school year.
Yotsuba is a fair-skinned teenage girl with short, straight hair that stops just around her neck. While her actual hair color is pink, she is portrayed to have a light-orange hair color. Her most notable accessory is a bunny ear-shaped ribbon, which can change forms depending on her emotions. Like her sisters, she has dark blue eyes, an average height, a well-endowed figure, and large breasts.
Yotsuba is an active, cheerful and easygoing girl. She talks in a loud, spontaneous and sometimes absent-minded manner. She is the type of person who can't say no to people who need help and is mostly seen helping others; either directly and indirectly.
While cheerful on the outside and towards others, she harbours feelings of inferiority towards her sisters and her own abilities. Because of this, she grew a desire to be different from sisters. She shortened her hair, put on a ribbon and excelled in extra-curricular activities. While portrayed as a bad liar early on, she is later shown to have some skill in lying herself.
Knowing that Yotsuba is physically fit, she is capable of tasks that aren't normally done by her sisters. She has excellent stamina and is a good runner; meaning she has a knack for sports. Her excellent skills were shown when she scored 7.9 seconds for a 50m sprint; even getting praised by a fellow skilled club member. She is the only known sister with excellent eyesight, whilst Itsuki wears glasses and Nino uses contacts. She even sports a good sense of smell and has a green thumb.
Like her sisters, her academic abilities are poor at best; even getting zero on a test. She is well aware of her shortcomings and even stated that she would most likely be the one to repeat a year. She ranks as being the lowest among her sisters with Japanese being her forte.
She has been noted to be terrible at lying, though she says that she could if she really wanted to. She was able to hide her true identity from Fuutarou all the while maintaining their current relationship.
- Main Article: Yotsuba Nakano/Relationships
- "I'll support you with everything I've got!"
- "As long as you are here, there is no need to worry"
- "Do you forget that even though I'm like this, I'm still a genuine girl?"
- "I'm sorry Uesugi-san, but I can't ignore people in trouble!" 
- "There's someone, supporting an untalented girl like me"
- "In questions with five choices, chances are highest it's the fourth answer!"
- "It's because I like you"
- "If you love us, you'll just naturally be able to tell"
- "The important thing isn't where we are, it's that the five of us are together."
- "I love the view you get here when you swing as hard as you can. It's not the same as those million dollar views they talk about. But when I imagine that each of those lights is a family, it warms my heart."
- "An idiot like me can be helpful to everyone? I won't be the me who just hold everyone back anymore?" 
- "It feels like.. my efforts have been rewarded for the first time ever"
- "Even though you were an unlikable boss who always wanted what others had, you were our leader. I've always thought of you as the older sister since back then."
- "Don't feel like you should be the only one holding yourself back. Just do whatever you want to do."
- "Even you might find someone you love in the future, Uesugi-san. And when that happens, no matter who you love, no matter how you come to love them, I'll always be on your side.. supporting you with everything I've got!"
- The name Yotsuba means "four" (四) (yotsu) and "leaf" (葉) (ba).
- Yotsuba has a unique giggle: "Shi Shi Shi." This is a pun on number 4.
- Yotsuba has a shirt with the number "428" screened on it. This is a pun on her name's reading (Yo-Tsu-Ba).
- Yotsuba's voice actor, Ayane Sakura, once voiced all five girls for a television commercial for the manga in October 2017.
- It is revealed by Ichika that she still uses her panties from elementary school days.
- In the one-shot, Yotsuba had longer hair before trasnferring to Futaruo's high school.
- Yotsuba is based on the author's wife, this has been confirmed in the Yotsuba Character Book.