|“||There is someone who supports me, even though I lack the talent.||”|
Yotsuba Nakano (
AppearanceYotsuba is a carefree and cheerful looking girl with a short straight hair. She has a consistent light orange hair color throughout Volume 1 to Volume 4. Her notable accessories is an ear-shaped ribbons. Like her sisters, she has a dark blue eyes, an average height, and well-endowed figure.
Fuutarou calls Yotsuba's ribbon as an eyesore. Yotsuba still wears her ribbon when bathing. Yotsuba change into a new ribbon because it's the new trend. Yotsuba's ribbon changes form depending on her emotion.
Yotsuba wears her uniform with a large butterfly-shaped tie and wears a sports bag. It is revealed by Ichika that Yotsuba still uses her panties from elementary school days. Yotsuba's bedroom is the only one that hasn't been revealed from the initial tour. We can see her room after the Labour Thanksgiving Tour date with Yotsuba. She uses animal-shaped pajamas. According to Ichika, Yotsuba still uses childish panties.
Yotsuba is an active and easygoing girl. She talks in a loud, spontaneous and sometimes absent-minded manner. She is a type of person who can't say no to people who need help. She is mostly seen helping people either directly and indirectly.
Yotsuba's frank attitude is first shown, she asks Fuutarou to apologize by himself.
- Yotsuba's good manner is first shown. She told Fuutarou to say thank you to those who helped him.
Yotsuba is brimming with positivity, trying to help others despite it cost her time and effort, still happy when getting scolded, and wishing for the other's happiness earnestly. Despite her active behavior, she can be absent-minded at times and getting scared easily. Yotsuba is making paper cranes for a friend of a friend. Fuutarou praise Yotsuba for her straightforward personality and honest side. Fuutarou able to spot Yotsuba because she is bad at lying.
According to Fuutarou, each Nakano Quintuplets has their own characteristics regarding their sheets. On Yotsuba's case, she can't write some kanji.
Yotsuba snuck in some candies to their groceries and Fuutarou label it as childish.
Yotsuba is good at sports, the basketball club even asked her to join the team. Yotsuba's excellent sports skill is shown, she scores 7.9 seconds for a 50m sprint. Yotsuba is getting praised as a skilled player by a basketball club member. She also has excellent stamina and is a good runner. Yotsuba is the only known sister with excellent eyesight (Itsuki wears glasses and Nino use contacts). Yotsuba got a part-time job in cleaning-related work. Yotsuba is good at festival games. Yotsuba's excellent eyesight is shown again, she is able to recognize the nametag on Nino's uniform from the second floor. Miku will notice if Yotsuba is lying to her, because according to Fuutarou, Yotsuba is bad at lying. Yotsuba's poor academic abilities are first hinted and shown, she gets a zero for a test. Yotsuba remarks that she is the one most likely to repeat a year. Yotsuba's excellent eyesight and kind attitude is shown for the first time, she notices a test paper Fuutarou dropped and returns it to him.
Yotsuba states that she is the dumbest among the sisters. Among the sister, Yotsuba is ranked the lowest one, with her strongest subject is Japanese. Yotsuba is bad at lying, though she states that she could do it if she really tries to lie. Yotsuba is good at Summer Festival games.
- "I'll support you with everything I've got!" - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "As long as you (Fuutarou) are here, there is no need to worry"
- "Do you forget that even though I'm like this, I'm still a genuine girl?"
- "I'm sorry Uesugi-san, but I can't ignore people in trouble!" - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "There's someone, supporting an untalented girl like me" - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "In questions with five choices, chances are highest it's the fourth answer!" - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "It's because I like you" - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "If you love us, you'll just naturally be able to tell" - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "The important thing isn't where we are, it's that the five of us are together" - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "I love the view you get here when you swing as hard as you can. It's not the same as those million dollar views they talk about. But when I imagine that each of those lights is a family, it warms my heart." - Yotsuba Nakano.
- "An idiot like me can be helpful to everyone? I won't be the me who just hold everyone back anymore?" - Yotsuba Nakano
- "It feels like.. my efforts have been rewarded for the first time ever" - Yotsuba Nakano
- "Even though you were an unlikable boss who always wanted what others had, you were our leader. I've always thought of you as the older sister since back then". - Yotsuba Nakano
- "Don't feel like you should be the only one holding yourself back. Just do whatever you want to do" - Yotsuba Nakano
- "Even you might find someone you love in the future, Uesugi-san. And when that happens, no matter who you love, no matter how you come to love them, I'll always be on your side.. supporting you with everything I've got!" - Yotsuba Nakano
- Yotsuba is the first Nakano Quintuplets who directly or indirectly confesses to Fuutarou, although she dismiss it as a joke.
- Yotsuba is the first Nakano Quintuplets who has a one-on-one date (although not romantically) with Fuuutarou. Technically, she is the second Nakano Quintuplets who went to a date with him (the first is Itsuki during Fireworks Festival Arc.
- Yotsuba's seiyuu, Ayane Sakura, once voiced all five girls for a television commercial for the manga in October 2017.
- Yotsuba is the third Nakano Quintuplets who is seen crying in front of Fuutarou. The first being Ichika in Chapter 27 and the second is Nino in Chapter 43.
- Yotsuba is the first one who tried to dress differently several years ago.