The School Camping Trip Arc (also known as the Camping Arc or Field Trip Arc) is the fourth story arc in the 5-toubun no Hanayome series. The arc starts with the preparation for the trip and shows various events and the legends surrounding the Camping Trip.
- Start of the arc: Fuutarou is forced to be an executive committee for the Test of Courage (Chapter 22)
- End of the arc: Fuutarou and the Nakano Quintuplets hold hands during the bonfire (Chapter 32)
Fuutarou and the Nakano Quintuplets go on a school camping trip, which has a notorious legend involving the bonfire dance in the last day. Fuutarou, who has to prepare the Test of Courage, doesn't take the legend seriously; on the other hand, the Nakano sisters believe the legend and try to become Fuutarou’s dance partner.
Preparation and Journey Trip (Chapter 22, 23 & 24)
Test of Courage (Chapter 25 & 26)
The Binding Legend (Chapter 27, 28, 29, 30 & 31)
Nakano-Uesugi Wedding (Chapter 32)
- Fuutarou is forced to be part of the executive committee for the test of courage.
- There is a legend surrounding the trip, couple who dance together in the bonfire are bound for life.
- Ichika is asked by Maeda to dance with him on the day of bonfire.
- Raiha gets sick, and Fuutarou is forced to stay with her until her father arrives in the morning. As a result, Fuutarou miss the bus. However, the Nakano Quintuplets soon pick him up.
- Raiha made a charm for Fuutarou.
- Itsuki got separated from Nino during the Test of Courage, meanwhile Miku asks Ichika how she feels about Fuutarou.
- Raiha's Charm saved both Fuutarou and Nino from falling off a cliff.
- Miku wants to be fair, so she agree to let Ichika dance with Fuutarou.
- Ichika learns about the legend and the hidden meaning behind the bonfire dance.
- Fuutarou talks to Miku about equality and fairness.
- Fuutarou finds the "missing" Itsuki and make her realize that he at least understand the sisters at least that well.
- Miku declares her love towards Fuutarou to Ichika.
- During the bonfire, all five of Nakano Quintuplets are together in Fuutarou's room.
- Itsuki is the first to hold Fuutarou's hand at the start of the bonfire.
- Each of the Nakano Quintuplets holds one of Fuutarou's fingers during and at the end of the bonfire.
Anime and Manga Difference(s)
- Fuutarou mentions that his wife held his hand when he was sick, and Itsuki was the only one who properly held his hand (the others only touched his fingers).