There has to be at least one person on Earth, who would love a tactless guy like you.
|― Nino Nakano to Fuutarou Uesugi|
Nino Nakano (
Nino is a cute and cold-looking girl with waist-length or hip-length straight hair (but it is later cut to shoulder-length in Vol. 4 Ch. 46 and shown in Vol. 5 Ch. 47) that has square bangs hanging over her eyebrows. She has reddish-pink hair, ranging from light pink to telemagenta  in Volume 1 and antique pink to red-violet in Volume 4.
Her notable accessories are twin butterfly-shaped ribbons  on both sides of her head. Like her sisters, she has dark blue eyes, an average height, a well-endowed figure and large breasts. She wears a long-sleeved sweater that covers her uniform and a pair of white thigh-high socks. Both her and Ichika Nakano use a handbag .
She is noted to be the more fashionable girl among the sisters, as she has various cute accessories  and takes care of her nails . Her ears have yet to be pierced, but she plans to have them at least before marriage .
Nino has an outgoing personality and is socially aware, resulting in her having many friends and is a social butterfly. She has a sharp tongue and talks bluntly when confronting others, even to her sisters . Her rebellious attitude makes her the least cooperative girl among the sisters, making her archetype resemble that of a "tsundere".
Despite the cold and rude front, Nino is caring and protective, like when she is touched by Fuutarou Uesugi's past; remarking that it is tearjerking. It is also evident by her willingness to act as the cook of the family, ignoring her care towards her own appearance (culinary activities may lead to foul odor, damaged nails, etc.). She is also shown to always have band-aids with her, possibly as a precaution to Yotsuba Nakano's active behavior.
Her interests seem to lie more on romance than anything else. An example is when she wanted to watch a romance movie, whilst Itsuki Nakano preferred a science documentary instead. With this is mind, she likes to openly state her feelings for Fuutarou, regardless of whether it's in front of him or her sisters.
Academically, among the sisters, Nino ranks in the lower part of the five, with her strongest subject being English.
Nino is shown to be a good cook, ranging from daily meals to cookies to congee. She is capable of making a lot of friends, as noted by Yotsuba Nakano. According to Nino, the sisters have their individual preferences, which makes it harder for her to cook for them.
She has poor eyesight, needing contact lenses for her daily activities. An example is when she is incapable of recognizing Fuutarou Uesugi in a simple wig, implying her oblivious side. However, this is possibly due to darker surroundings and her infatuation towards him being blonde.
- Main article: Nino Nakano/Relationships
Don't teach me without my permission
|― Nino to Fuutarou Uesugi|
|― Nino explains why she rejects Fuutarou Uesugi|
- Fuutarou Uesugi: “You? Hate your sisters? It's the complete opposite, isn't it? The truth is you really care about them a lot, don't you? And that's why you can't stand an outsider like me.”
- Nino: “Yeah, right... You've completely missed the mark. You think you understand, but you couldn't be more mistaken. You creep... Is that ... so wrong?”
- Fuutarou: “Not at all. I totally understand. I have a sister too, you know.”
- Nino: “Exactly! I'm not wrong. How stupid. Why would I be the one feeling depressed? I've made up my mind. I will never accept you, even if it means being hated by my sisters.”
- — Fuutarou Uesugi discusses with Nino about her hate toward him, Chapter 6
- Nino: “You've been in love with that girl for five years right? It's way too tragic. [sobs] ”
- Fuutarou Uesugi: “All I had for her was gratitude and admiration.”
- Nino: “That's what it meant to love someone!”
- Fuutarou: “I'm telling you, you're wrong. But to go so far more my sake...”
- Nino: “Ah~ that tearjerker was just what I needed! It really hit the spot!”
- Fuutarou: “You're the worst.”
- Nino: “But hey, don't lose hope. There has to be at least one person on earth who would love a tactless guy like you.”
- — Nino consoles Fuutarou Uesugi after he was "rejected", Chapter 43
Yotsuba, I did as I was asked to, but are you sure you're okay with that? I'm sure they'll understand if you just tell them how you feel, without resorting to tricks like this one. You should change too. It'll be hard, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
|― Nino to Yotsuba Nakano on change|
- Nino: “Not only do you lack any sense of taste. You're all thumbs too. It's a one-two punch! You should just give up and buy your chocolate from the store.”
- Miku Nakano: “Shut up [in a bashful expression] ”
- Nino: “B-but cooking is all about the feelings you put in. There's definitely something special about making something from scratch. Even I screw up sometimes. And being bad at something makes one seem lovable.”
- — Nino to Miku Nakano on hand-made chocolates, Chapter 55
I told you before there has to be at least one girl on earth who'd love a guy like you, right? Well, that's me! Too bad, huh?
|― Nino confesses to Fuutarou Uesugi|
- Fuutarou Uesugi: “That was the first time someone ever confessed to me. I just didn't know how I should talk about it. So let me give you my answer here. I...”
- Nino: “Wait, I already know you don't like me. It's a given since I've always been so hard on you. But don't decide just yet. We're working together now, but I haven't gotten my feeling across so I want you to know more about me. I want you to know how much I love you, Fuutarou.”
- — Nino to Fuutarou Uesugi about her love towards him, Chapter 71
- The name Nino means "two" (二) (ni) and "from" (乃) (no).
- Purple rose petals on Volume 3 cover (Nino's volume) means "love at first sight", which is possibly a reference to her affection towards Kintarou, who is in fact Fuutarou Uesugi.
- Nino owns various dolls on her bed where one particular doll is often seen in the background or as a cameo throughout the series .
- Nino has a rabbit-themed phone cover .
- Nino's dream is to open a restaurant.
- Nino is apparently afraid of needles, a trait she shares with Itsuki Nakano.
- Nino prefers black tea as it can be customized to her tastes.
- Nino seems to have a form of attraction towards blonde-haired people as she was attracted to Fuutarou's younger self and she expresses some form of attraction towards Isanari Uesugi.
- Ayana Taketatsu (Nino's voice actress) is the second oldest of the voice actresses of the sisters.