|“||I love you!||”|
—Nino Nakano to Fuutarou Uesugi
Nino Nakano (
AppearanceNino is a cute and cold-looking girl with a long straight hair. She has reddish pink hair, ranging from light pink to telemagenta. in volume 1, and antique pink to red-violet. in volume 4. She later cuts her hair shoulder length.
Her notable accessories is twin butterfly-shaped ribbons. on both sides of her head. Like her sisters, she has dark blue eyes, an average height, and well-endowed figure. Nino wears a long-sleeved sweater that covers her uniform. Nino uses contact lens as she has poor eyesight. Nino and Ichika wear a handbag.
She is noted to be the more fashionable girl among the sisters, has various cute accessories, and takes care of her nails. Nino has a rabbit-themed phone cover. Nino is shown to be able to cook, and she makes cookies with cute designs. She also has cute kitchen gloves. Nino has a cute & girly room. and owns a cute pen. Her room is tidy and she has several dolls on her bed. She doesn't pierce her ears but she's planning to have them pierced at least before marriage.
Yotsuba calls Nino as a "social butterfly" and has a lot of friends. Ichika remarks that Nino is the most delicate among the sisters. Nino has a sharp tongue. and talks bluntly when confronting others, even if the other party is her sister. She has an outgoing personality and is socially aware, resulting in her having many friends. Her rebellious attitude makes her the least cooperative girl among the sisters. Nino is scared about getting her ears pierced.
Despite the cold and rude front, Nino is actually a caring. and protective sister. It is also evident by her willingness to act as the cook of the family, ignoring her care towards her own appearance (culinary activities may lead to foul odor, damaged nails, etc.). She is also shown to bring band-aid wherever and whenever she goes, possibly as a precaution to Yotsuba's active behavior. Despite her motherly behavior, Nino can be forgetful at times. and is afraid of needles.
According to Fuutarou, each Nakano Quintuplets has their own characteristics regarding their sheets. On Nino's case, she will file her papers neatly.
According to Ichika, Fuutarou have to be firm to deal with Nino and be kind to deal with Itsuki.
Nino's dream is revealed to opening her own restaurant, and it was his dream since she's a kid.
Academically, among the sisters, Nino is ranked on the lower part of the five, with her strongest subject being English.
Nino is shown to be a good cook, ranging from daily meals, cookies, to congee. She is capable of making a lot of friends, as noted by Yotsuba, who labeled her as a "social butterfly". According to Nino, the sisters has their own preferences, which makes it harder for her to cook for them.
She has poor eyesight, needing the use of contact lens to do daily activities. Despite having many friends, she is incapable of recognizing Fuutarou in a simple wig, implying her oblivious side. However, this is possibly due to the darker surroundings and her infatuation towards a blonde Fuutarou.
- "Don't teach me without my permission"
- "This house is for the five of us. There's no room for him here." - Nino Nakano.
- "You shouldn't have come to our lives from the start!"
- "There has to be at least one person on Earth who would love a tactless guy like you."
"I won't accept you, even if the others hate me for it." - Nino Nakano.
- "There has to be at least one person on Earth, who would love a tactless guy like you." - Nino Nakano
- "You should change too. It'll be hard, but I'm sure it'll be worth it." - Nino Nakano
- "But cooking is all about the feelings you put in." - Nino Nakano
- "I told you before that there has to be at least one person that would like a guy like you, right? Well that's me! Too bad, huh?" - Nino Nakano
- "We're working together now. I'll tell you more about myself, so please learn more about me! Then I hope you know just how much I like you!" - Nino Nakano
- The name Nino means 二 (ni) "two" or 仁 (ni) "benevolence" combined with 乃 (no).
- Purple rose petals on Volume 3 cover (Nino's volume) means "love at first sight", which is possibly a reference to her affection towards Kintarou who is in fact Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplet to be pushed down (although accidentally) by Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplet who is seen half-naked by Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first girl whose ear is touched by Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first girl to slap Fuutarou.
- Chapter 16 is the first Nino and Fuutarou's bath scene. The second is Chapter 43, and third in Chapter 63 where they are on a spring vacation with their families and meet each other in the mixed bath.
- Chapter 16 is the first time Nino sees a half-naked Fuutarou. The second is Chapter 43, and again later in Chapter 63 the mixed bath scene.
- Chapter 16 marks when Nino and Fuutarou seen each other half-naked.
- Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplet who sees Fuutarou half-naked, the first being Yotsuba.
- Nino is the first character to purposely show a middle finger in the series.
- Nino's problem of "getting left behind" is similar to what Fuutarou felt in his youth, being left out.
- Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplet girl who is directly seen crying by Fuutarou. The first being Ichika in Chapter 27.
- Nino drugged Fuutarou twice, in Chapter 2 and Chapter 44. Both chapters' number has a relation to number 2 (Nino's number).
- Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplet whose goals/dreams is shown/stated, which is to open a restaurant. The first being Ichika in Chapter 11 (an actress).
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplet who rides a bike with Fuutarou.
- Nino is the fourth Nakano Quintuplet who directly confesses to Fuutarou.
- Nino is the only Nakano Quintuplet so far who confesses to Fuutarou twice (which fits her name), albeit the first one wasn't heard by him, which is the reason why she confessed for the second time in chapter 60 called ''Let the conquest begin!''.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplet who changed the way she addresses Fuutarou (and also having the highest amount of nickname variations): you, that guy, Fuutarou, and later Fuu-kun, using it as a sweet nickname for Fuutarou showing her affection of love to him.
- Chapter 63:
- Since the bell scene, Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplet to trigger Fuutarou's awareness towards lips (befitting her name).
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplet to give Fuutarou an air kiss.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplet to give Fuutarou an indirect kiss, the first direct being Yotsuba (a peck on Fuutarou's cheek) in Chapter 51.
- At first Nino really hates Fuutarou, however she evetually falls in love with him and confesses her love to him for the first time in Chapter 59, later on in Chapter 60 where she is all embarrassed of her confession of love to him on the motorcycle earlier, she asks him what he thinks of it, but he says that he doesn't remember her confessing to him, because wind was blowing in his ears while driving the motorcycle so she confesses to him for the second time, telling him ''I love you!''. When Itsuki asks Nino why she has this sudden change of feelings, Nino answers Itsuki that she realized recently that she was in love with Fuutarou and hated him at first, because she thought that he would separate the Quintuplets and stand between them, however Nino stated to Itsuki that she didn't really hate Fuutarou personally for who he was, but for his role (for the fact that he was their tutor, and she doesn't like studying so naturally that would make her hate him for his tutoring, however she doesn't hate him personally.) Now ever since Chapter 59 she no longer hates him and she realized that she loves him deeply and fights for his love, trying to make him fall in love with her. When she asked him how he felt about her and he was about to answer she said ''Wait, I know what you are going to say, because I have treated you coldly with disrespect, but don't hurry because I have changed, I will make you understand how much I really love/like you''. He nods at her and currently she is still fighting for his love trying to make him fall in love with her.
- Currently the anime so far has covered about 33 chapters, so If we have a second season of this anime, we will get to the part where Nino confesses to Fuutarou. (How do I know that? Well if my calculations are correct, this season is season one and it has covered 33 chapters so far, so if a second season comes out and covers the next 33 chapters than that would put us at Chapter 66-67 which will supposedly be the chapters that the anime will adapt to if there will ever be a second season, and her confession will be included in the second season if so, because its Chapter 59-60.