| This article contains spoilers from the manga that has not been shown in the anime. Please continue reading at your own risks.|
Rena Nakano (the Quintuplets' mother) passed away 5 years prior to the beginning of the main story  and Maruo Nakano (the Quintuplets' stepfather) lives in a different residence. They were students of Kurobara High School before transferring to Fuutarou Uesugi's school.
The Nakano Quintuplets live on the 30th floor of a luxurious apartment but later move to a small apartment on the second floor of their own will. The 5 sisters live together with no one else in both apartments. Volume 8 Bonus chapter implies that Fuutarou owns a key to the sisters' new apartment and at least to one bedroom.
The Nakano Quintuplets have their own unique hand gesture, create their own "Quintuplets Finger Game" and "Quintuplets Puzzle Game", often do "Quintuplets Jokes", and tease Fuutarou with a "Quintuplets Guessing Game". See Quintuplets Game tab for more detailed info.
Each of the girls' name references a number, indicating the order of their birth. Negi Haruba also associates them with a specific color (as shown in their accessories, outfits, and volume covers).
|Sister||Order||Color||Colored accessories||Personal way to address Fuutarou Uesugi|
|Ichika Nakano||1st (Ichi (一?))||Yellow||Jacket||Fuutarou-kun|
|Nino Nakano||2nd (Ni (二?))||Purple||Ribbon||This Guy / That Guy / You / Uesugi / Fuutarou  / Fuu-kun|
|Miku Nakano||3rd (Mi (三?), alternate reading)||Blue||Jacket||Fuutarou / Fuu-kun|
|Yotsuba Nakano||4th (Yotsu (四?), alternate reading)||Green||Ribbon||Uesugi-san|
|Itsuki Nakano||5th (Itsu (五?), alternate reading)||Red||Jacket||Uesugi-kun|
As shown in Character Introduction Page, the quintuplets have different preferences, as listed below.
|Sister||Favorite food||Disliked food||Drink||Snack||Morning Routine||TV Shows||Favorite Animal|
|Nino||Pancakes||Pickled things||Room temperature water||Candy apple||
|Miku||Matcha||Chocolate||Green tea||Doll cakes||Checking her fortune||Documentaries||Hedgehog|
|Yotsuba||Mandarins||Green peppers||Carbonated juice||Choco banana||Watering plants around the house||Anime||Camel|
The Nakano Quintuplets have an average height (B88-W50-H159), pinkish red/light red hair color, large, dark-blue eyes  a well-endowed figure and large breasts where Papa Nakano confirms that the Nakano Quintuplets are "identical quintuplets". Miku states that their physical measurements are the same  and Ichika also confirms that she and Yotsuba have the same figure. Due to their similarities, they can easily impersonate each other to accomplish various purposes. They can also easily search for the other by asking around.
In the past, the Nakano Quintuplets have very similar looks.
- All five of them have matching long straight hair and dress lightly with matching outfits.
- Several years into the future, the young adult Nakano Quintuplets are shown to be taller and have different hairstyles.
The Nakano Quintuplets are noted to have beautiful looks, in which Shimoda makes a comments that Itsuki must be a popular girl. Itsuki herself labels the Nakano Quintuplets as vivacious girls. Ichika also boasts that the sisters are gorgeous. Their classmates praise them as a cutie/beauty and even a random stall owner is impressed by their looks. These features may be derived from Rena Nakano (the Quintuplets' mother) who is acknowledged as an incredibly beautiful woman.
While they're physically the same, each sister have different hairstyles/hair length and accessories. Due to artistic purpose and better differentiation, the sisters have various shades of red hair color in the manga and anime adaptation (In-universe, their hair color is the same):
- Ichika: Very short hair, light-pink hair color, an earring in her right ear.
- Nino: Very long hair (later become short), scarlet hair color, two butterfly-shaped ribbons on both sides of her hair.
- Miku: Medium-length hair, brownish hair color, a wireless headphone.
- Yotsuba: Short hair, light orange hair color, a green ribbon.
- Itsuki: Long hair, reddish orange hair color with an ahoge and two star-shaped hair clips.
Itsuki, Nino and Ichika wear a handbag, Yotsuba wears a sports bag and Miku wears a ranzel. The sisters usually spends more than twenty thousand yen for their clothes. Yotsuba is shown to wear an animal-themed pajamas  while Ichika is shown wearing night gown. All of the Nakano Quintuplets have the same phone model.
The Nakano Quintuplets follow the "Gotoubun Principles", a philosophy taught by their mother. They consider themselves to be five parts of one whole, and have to share any kind of emotion together, such as anger, joy and love. Their belief of this philosophy is shown several times throughout the series, such as going to the fireworks festival together, wait for the others before celebrating something, and even chose to switch schools to stay together. The sisters are even willing to give up their luxurious lifestyle and high-class apartment for Fuutarou, believing that they will be fine with anything "as long as the five of them are together".
In the past, the Nakano Quintuplets have very similar behavior. However, due to their mother's death, they started to change. Nino commented that the changes made the sisters grew apart from one another.
- Ichika: Develops a big sister complex
- Nino: Still keeps her hair like her younger self
- Miku: Low self esteem
- Yotsuba: Sacrificial tendencies
- Itsuki: Obsession to be like her mother
Each Nakano Quintuplets has their own characteristics in dealing with the exams and sheets of paper:
- Ichika's sheet is crinkled due to her messiness and writes in cursive.
- Nino would neatly place her sheet in a file.
- Miku's Japanese spelling is good.
- Yotsuba's Kanji is bad.
- Itsuki would use an eraser to get rid of mistakes.
Each of the sisters have different traits and personality, some are similar and some are contradictory.
- Ichika is mature, helpful and playful.
- Nino is aggressive, rude and protective.
- Miku is silent, very outspoken and reserved.
- Yotsuba is cheerful, confident and outgoing.
- Itsuki is serious, wise and earnest.
The Nakano Quintuplets' similarities occur in many aspects, for example, they all dislike studying  and often make a mess during their sleep. Nino and Itsuki are afraid of needles. They can also be referred to as tsunderes. Both Nino and Itsuki do yoga in the morning. Another similar trait would be Nino and Yotsuba both having an outgoing personality and therefore making a lot of friends.
The Nakano Quintuplets' differences in personality are reflected clearly in Nino and Miku. They often fight with each other, and are seen as rivals throughout the story. Nino is boisterous and abrasive, while Miku is quiet and soft-spoken.
Another extreme example can be taken from Miku and Yotsuba. Miku is a rather reserved and introverted, while Yotsuba has extroverted personality. Miku is the smartest out of the quintuplets, while the latter is the least intelligent. However, the former is also the least athletic while the latter's athleticism is the highest.
Ichika is a lazy doing household chores, while Nino is hardworking when it comes to minding the house and cooking for her sisters. When it comes to love confessions, Ichika uses an indirect means to confess while Nino prefers going at it directly and clearly. Miku indirectly note that these various traits and personalities are what makes the quintuplets complete.
Ichika labels the Nakano Quintuplets as "idiots". Their academic abilities are very low, and they almost fail their First Year of high school. They also generally have low capability of learning. Each one of the sisters has different subjects they excel, but even the grades of those subjects are still mediocre. Despite being slow learners and having various personal setbacks, they managed to pass the Second Year Final Exams, an improvement from last year's.
Miku states that whatever feat she can achieve, the other four must be able to do it, too, since they're Quintuplets. Because of this, Fuutarou believes that the Nakano Quintuplets have the potential to get higher academic scores. Miku's statement implies that the sisters have the same potential, and despite their current abilities, they can be as good as the others (for example Miku can be as good as Nino in cooking or become as athletic as Yotsuba) if they're willing to train. This is later proven when Miku is able to produce a good bread after weeks of training.
The sisters each has different specialties, such as acting, cooking, and playing sports. Their strengths, like their personalities, are sometimes in contrast or actually complement one another. For example, Yotsuba's athletic skills contradict Miku's physical capabilities, or Itsuki becomes good at reviewing food because Nino is a good cook. One thematic skill the sisters excel is their ability to impersonate one another. In Chapter 74, Ichika states that each sister has the other sisters' accessories for quick disguise.
|Sister||Strongest Subject||Known Specialties||Misc.|
|Ichika||Math||Acting||Bad at cleaning.|
|Miku||Social Studies||Better acting skills than Ichika. Bad cook.|
|Yotsuba||Japanese||Athletic||Good at cleaning.|
|Itsuki||Science||A very popular food reviewer.|
Nakano Quintuplets School Exam Report Card
> Related Article: Nakano Quintuplets Relationships
Ichika and 1
- Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets whose goal/dream are shown/stated, which is to become an actress in Chapter 11.
- Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets whose hand is held properly by Fuutarou.
- Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets to "kabedon" Fuutarou.
- Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be hugged by Fuutarou.
- Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets to get Fuutarou's contact (his email address).
- Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets to get a proper headpat by Fuutarou (technically, Miku is the first to get a headpat).
- Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be seen crying in front of Fuutarou. 
- Since the bell scene, Ichika is the first Nakano Quintuplets to trigger Fuutarou's awareness towards lips (befitting her name).
Nino and 2
- Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplets whose goal/dream is shown/stated, which is to open a restaurant. 
- Nino (technically) fell in love twice with the same person (Kintarou persona and Fuutarou persona).
- Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplets to see Fuutarou half-naked
- Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplets to give Fuutarou either a direct or indirect kiss (discounting Rena).
- Since the bell scene, Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplets to trigger Fuutarou's awareness towards lips (befitting her name).
- Nino is the second Nakano Quintuplets to be seen crying in front of Fuutarou.
- Nino is the only Nakano Quintuplets so far to confess to Fuutarou twice, albeit the first one wasn't heard by him.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be pushed down (although accidentally) by Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be seen half-naked by Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to get her picture taken alongside Fuutarou alone. 
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets whose ear is touched by Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to slap Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first character to purposely show a middle finger in the series.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to change the way she addresses Fuutarou (and also having the highest amount of nickname variations): you, that guy, Fuutarou, and in this chapter, Fuu-kun.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to ride a bike with Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to confess directly and seriously to Fuutarou.
- Miku is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be "recognized" by Fuutarou.
- Miku is the first Nakano Quintuplets to sleep in the same bed as Fuutarou.
- Miku is the second Nakano Quintuplets to directly or indirectly confess to Fuutarou (but Fuutarou thought it was a part of playing house).
- Miku is the second Nakano Quintuplets to hug Fuutarou.
- Itsuki is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be introduced.
- Itsuki is the first Nakano Quintuplets to get a "Kabedon" from Fuutarou.
- Itsuki is the first Nakano Quintuplets to mention the "First Come, First Served" rule.
- Itsuki is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be seen crying. She was implied to cry at the Fireworks Festival Arc.
- Itsuki is the first Nakano Quintuplets Fuutarou leans on.
- Itsuki is the first Nakano Quintuplets to hold Fuutarou's hand at the start of the School Trip's bonfire.
- Itsuki is the first Nakano Quintuplets who give Fuutarou his birthday gift.
- Itsuki is the second Nakano Quintuplets to get her picture taken alongside Fuutarou. However, she is the first Nakano Quintuplets to take a picture with Fuutarou properly.
- Itsuki is the third Nakano Quintuplets to directly or indirectly confess to Fuutarou (but she didn't know the meaning).
- Itsuki is the third Nakano Quintuplets whose goal/dream is shown/stated, which is to become a teacher.
- "If one of you makes a mistake, then overcome it together. If one of you is happy, share it with the others. Joy, sorrow, anger, love... are shared among the five of us... in five equal parts!" - Rena Nakano.
- "If I can do something, of course the other four can too" - Miku Nakano.
- "Fireworks are one of the memories we have with our mom." - Miku Nakano.
- "We will all pass, and make Dad acknowledge Fuutaro" - Nakano Quintuplets 
- The scene where a Nakano Quintuplet accidentally injures her arm by slapping it into a hard surface is a pattern shown several times in the series.