I'm going to have all five of you graduate with smiles on your face!
|― Fuutarou Uesugi|
Fuutarou Uesugi (
Fuutarou had an experience to get his ear pierced before.
AppearanceFuutarou is a stern-looking young man with a short hair and tall build. He has a natural black hair color with a slight pigeon-blue shade on it. In his younger days, he dyed his hair blonde and have delinquent persona. Fuutarou is mostly seen in his uniform, even during summer festival and hanging out outside.
Fuutarou owns an older model candybar phone. He only has 2 contacts in it, his father and Raiha. Miku remarks that Fuutarou have "a face of a villain". Nino consider Fuutarou's hairstyle weird.
His Kintarou persona sports a blonde, more spiky, and slightly longer hairstyle.
According to Isanari, Fuutarou used to be similar to his father as a kid, with their wild personality and being bad at studying. Fuutarou lives a frugal lifestyle. He also has a calculative mind. Fuutarou prefers solitude, his friends remark that Fuutarou is "by himself again". Someone comments that Fuutarou is always like that, trying to not associate with everyone. Ichika remarks that Fuutarou is direct and doesn't mince words. Yotsuba's first impression of Fuutarou is a gloomy and not-having-many-friends guy. His facial expression is always serious, sometimes having grumpy and annoyed look, and rarely blush or flustered. Fuutarou thinks that being Class Representative is just hindering his study.
Fuutarou is noted to have a big ego and high confidence. He can also be rude and straightforward, but is actually capable to hold back his emotions. Despite that, Fuutarou could momentarily lost his composure when agitated and faced with unfavorable circumstances. He also doesn't like getting involved with other people's problems, finding them to be troublesome.
Fuutarou is shown to be hardworking and has a high patience, as he is able to tutor several girls that have below average scores. It is personally stated and hinted that Fuutarou currently doesn't have interest in romantic relationships. He considers love as something foolish and detests it.
Nino encourages Fuutarou about his future love life, despite labeling him as a tactless guy. Ichika also said the same thing when she visits him in the hospital.
The older Fuutarou is someone who doesn't pay attention to everything except work. The test sheet is written specifically for each sister. Fuutarou then tells them that they don't need to pay him now, and that they could do so in the future. Fuutarou worked on various food-related part-time job. Itsuki suspects that it was for the free food. Miku finds Fuutarou which is thinking about love-related stuff funny.
Fuutarou tried to make Kintarou as someone more manly and brawny than the silent Fuutarou.
Fuutarou is a smart student and ranked top among his peer. Fuutarou acknowledges that his forte is only studying. He is able to score perfectly in various tests. Fuutarou gets 100 in all 5 subjects during the Second Year Midterm Exam. He also has an exceptional memory & excellent reading comprehension. Fuutarou is able to absorbs several dozens worth of book in three days. Fuutarou's reason to study is related to a young girl in his flashback. Fuutarou is able to sleep while sitting straight with his eyes wide open. Ichika's director notes that Fuutarou is the one who draws out Ichika's potential. Fuutarou is shown to have a cunning and crafty mind, as he's able to get the most out of the cafe's menu, successfully trick a teacher with his plan, and getting the lazy Nakano Quintuplets to start studying.
Fuutarou acknowledges that human relations isn't his strong point. Fuutarou always tries to cut off relationship with others aside from family, that is why he doesn't have experience about confession before. Fuutarou is less adept with technology, he is unfamiliar with the internet's function. Another indication of Fuutarou's lack of knowledge in technology: he is unfamiliar with Nakano Quintuplets' apartment lock system. Fuutarou has low physical endurance/stamina. Miku and Fuutarou have almost equal physical endurance/stamina. Fuutarou tried to piggyback Miku, but has no strength to do so. Fuutarou has a low strength, he is unable to lfit a log, while the other guy is seen carrying it without much difficulty. Fuutarou is shown to be very tired after the sprint, and unable to lift some equipment, another indication of his low physical strength.
Despite his poor social skills, he is able to see through a person's emotion and motivate them. Initially, Fuutarou is unable to judge the names of the sisters since they're so similar, but later he is able to differentiate them by how they call him. He is also capable of distinguishing the girls' based on their individual style of writing. Fuutarou is in a slump for quite some time, as he is bothered by Nino's confession.
- "I'm glad that you found what you want to do" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "I shall help all of your daughters successfully graduate!" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "Love? That is the stupidest, furthest removed act from academics. Anyone who wishes to engage in romance may do so. But, their life will peak when they are a student" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "It's not weird! Trust in what you like!" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "If one of you can do something. all of you can do it. Ichika, Nino, Yotsuba, Itsuki, and you too, Miku. I believe the potential to score 100 points rests within all five of you!" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "I'm gonna make sure all five of you graduate with a smile" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "I want to make all her wish come true" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "Being equal is fine and all...but we can't reject what someone have achieved" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "There are some idiots that need me to teach them" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "When I met that girl in Kyoto, I swore I'd become someone that somebody would need someday. That's why I've been studying." - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "There's no stopping people from changing, you have to accept it and let go of the past" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "Who cares about the exams, I want the five of you to be together" - Fuutarou Uesugi
- "The annoying thing about human relationships is that.. you can't proceed with just one side's opinion." - Fuutarou Uesugi
- He is an Aries and believes in charms and horoscope.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets to be pushed down (although accidentally) by Fuutarou.
- Nino is the first Nakano Quintuplets who is seen half-naked by Fuutarou.
- Fuutarou's favorite meal is curry udon.