- Color Spread: -
- Color Page: -
- Title Page: Nino Nakano sleeping, covered in blanket, and surrounded by an alarm clock and some dolls.
Because of the girls' poor grades, Fuutarou is becoming nervous about the upcoming mid-term exams. He goes to the quints' place to get his handbook back, but Nino agrees to hand it over under one condition: Fuutarou must help her pierce her ears. Nino accidentally opens the handbook and sees a folded picture of a young boy that attracts her.
Nino tries to show Fuutarou the quintuplets' childhood photos but he is not interested; she left to show it to her sisters. Fuutarou feels relaxed after knowing that Nino didn't see the other half of the picture that is revealed to be a picture of a young girl, which resembles the girls from the Nakano Quintuplets' photo album.
- The young Nakano Quintuplets bear striking resemblance to the young girl in Fuutarou's photo.
- The quintuplets' childhood photo was taken at Kyoto.
- Nino decided to postpone piercing her ear.
- Fuutarou is feeling worried about the upcoming mid-term test.
- Raiha describes Fuutarou as "an overly confident" guy and a "study freak."[page 1][page 2]
- Fuutarou is usually happy about having a test.[page 1]
- Fuutarou used to have poor grades just like his father.[page 1]
- There is an old photo in Fuutarou's student handbook.[page 2]
- Nino wants to have her ears pierced because her sisters' all had theirs pierced.[page 7]
- Nino is scared about getting her ears pierced.[page 10]
- Fuutarou had the experience of getting his ear pierced before. [page 10]It is on his left ear; this can be seen in his childhood photo [page 13].
- There is a photo of a young Fuutarou in his student handbook. The young boy is Nino's type.[page 14]
- Nino asks him to introduce her to the young boy to which Fuutarou nervously tells her he will.[page 15]
- Nino delays getting a piercing. She says it can wait until her wedding.[page 16]
- The other half of the photo shows a young girl standing near Fuutarou.[page 18]
- The young Nakano Quintuplets bear striking resemblance to the young girl in Fuutarou's photo.[page 18]
The anime rearranges the event in this chapter to be included in Episode 8.
List of characters in order of their appearance:
- Fuutarou Uesugi
- Raiha Uesugi
- Isanari Uesugi
- Nino Nakano
- Miku Nakano
- Itsuki Nakano
- Yotsuba Nakano
- Ichika Nakano
- Young Nakano (picture only)
- "That wild-looking boy, might just be my type" - Nino Nakano[page 13]
- "I just need to get it pierced before I wear a wedding dress." (Nino Nakano to Ichika Nakano)[page 16]
- The photo in his student notebook was referred back in Chapter 2 when Fuutarou asked Itsuki if she saw the 'photo' albeit disregarding the type of photo [page 26 Ch 2].
- This is the last chapter of Volume 2, the focus is about a photo of younger Fuutarou and one Nakano sister. In the first chapter of the Volume 2, Chapter 6, the focus is a photo of current Fuutarou and one Nakano sister.
- Nino owns various dolls on her bed, and the Nakano Quintuplets are seen having one. One particular doll is often seen in the background or as a cameo throughout the series.[page 3]
- Nino has an old school alarm clock near where she's sleeping. This is probably a hint regarding Nino's habit of waking up early and preparing to cook for her sisters. This issue is later explored more in the bonus illustration of Volume 3 (which has Nino on the cover).
- Nino is the first girl to properly invite Fuutarou to her room.[page 7]
- Nino is the first girl whose ear is touched by Fuutarou.[page 9]
- Negi's Shoe Panel:
- page 9: hitting
- Nakano Quintuplets Formation:
- page 19-20 : Nino - Miku - Itsuki - Yotsuba - Ichika
- Time-related Notes/Confusions:
- Although no specification, it is shown that the quints are preparing for school which implies that it is still school-day [page 16].