5Toubun no Hanayome (Japanese: 五等分の花嫁 Hepburn: Go-Tōbun no Hanayome, lit. "5 Equal Brides"), also known as "The Quintessential Quintuplets" in the official English release, is a Japanese romance series written and illustrated by Negi Haruba.
The manga has been serialized weekly since August 2017 and a 12 episode anime adaptation started airing in January 2019 on TBS channel.
> Related Article: Story Arcs
Fuutarou Uesugi is a poor & anti-social top student. One day, he gets a job tutoring a rich family that's new to town. Fuutarou's soon-to-be students are revealed to be his new classmate, Itsuki Nakano, and her four quintuplet sisters. Despite the girls' poor first impression of Fuutarou, he tries seriously to do his job, only to find they have terrible grades and terribly complex personalities.
- Second Year Saga
- Third Year Saga
As of February 2019, there are 8 physical Japanese volumes, 6 digital English volumes, and 1 physical English volume published. The series reached one million prints mark in August 2018. In Febuary 2019, Negi Haruba tweets that the manga have reached 2.7 million prints for 8 volumes.
In the series' first anniversary, August 2018, TBS announced the 12 Episode anime adaptation. Tezuka Productions will work on 5Toubun no Hanayome, employing several very popular voice actors such as Kana Hanazawa, Inori Minase, Ayana Taketatsu, Ayane Sakura, and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.
There are various official merchandise related to 5Toubun no Hanayome series, such as pin, T-shirt, bullpen, pencil case, calendar, and keychain. The most common merchandise is the Store Bonus Illustrations, available with volume purchases in selected stores.
In October 2017, a TV Commercial for the manga was released where Ayane Sakura voiced all five girls. There are several medium-sized billboards in various public places featuring the volume covers as the display.
In December 2018, a TV Commercial and a Promotional Video is made in preparation for the TV anime broadcast.
Awards and Nominations
Note: Total sales and total prints are different terms.
- In August 2018, one year after the manga publication, the cumulative prints reached 700.000.
- In October 2018, the cumulative prints reached 1 million. 
- In November 2018, the cumulative prints reached 1.3 million. 
- Around mid January 2019, Negi Haruba tweeted having 2 million prints for 7 volumes.
- In early February, Negi Haruba tweeted having 2.7 million prints for 8 volumes.
- The total sales for 7 volumes in early February 2019 is more than 1.6 million.
- In late February, the series reached 3 million prints.
Negi also likes to post 5Toubun no Hanayome's material in Twitter, using his own personal account or the series' official account. As of January 2019, the series' Twitter had more than 74.000 followers.
The series is well-received among local and international fans, and there are various fan-arts related to the series.
- Author Official Twitter : https://twitter.com/negi_haruba
- Series Official Twitter : https://twitter.com/5Hanayome
- Anime Official Twitter : https://twitter.com/5Hanayome_anime
- Manga Official Website : http://www.shonenmagazine.com/smaga/gotoubun
- Anime Official Website : http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/5hanayome/
- Negi likes to draw shoes (and feet by extension) in a highly detailed and a close up manner. See "Negi's Shoe Panel".
- Some of the characters in 5Toubun no Hanayome and Osomatsu-san (a series about loser sextuplet boys in their 20s) share similar traits, such as:
- Multiple-birth siblings (all born in May) being unmotivated.
- The siblings being color-coded with red, blue, green, purple, and yellow.
- The eldest sibling being a teasing, lazy slob.
- The middle child being shy, icy, withdrawn, and having a special interest.
- A social sibling who is often associated with bunnies.
- A serious sibling who tries to appear smarter than they are by sometimes wearing glasses.
- The middle child constantly being at odds with the second eldest sibling.
- The second youngest child being eccentric, quite cheerful, and great at sports.
- The second eldest child caring quite deeply for their siblings.
- A sibling nostalgic of the times when they were truly identical.
- The youngest sibling being a bit of a timid crybaby.
- Fuutarou has a similar haircut to the Matsuno brothers', complete with two Idiot Hairs.