The manga started off as an one-shot, which quickly gained popularity among readers, and has been serialized weekly in Weekly Shounen Magazine since August 9, 2017. 5-toubun no Hanayome is published digitally in English by Kodansha Comics since June 2018.
The manga gets an anime adaptation on its 49th chapter  and reaches 1 million prints after 1 year of publications. In April 2019, Negi tweets having 4.2 million prints for 8 volumes of the manga. During the Quintuplets Birthday Event on May 5, second season of the anime is announced.
- 1 History
- 2 Drawing Style
- 3 Volume Information
- 4 Anime Adaptation
- 5 Official Localizations
- 6 Promotional
- 7 Sales
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
- Negi Haruba finished his previous work Rengoku no Karma and Vampire Killer in 2015.
- In February 2017, he published 5-toubun no Hanayome Oneshot on the Weekly Shounen Magazine's 8th issue.
- Thanks to positive responses of the readers, the series is published in the magazine's 36th/37th combined issue (August 2017).
- In August 2018, the series' first anniversary, a TV anime adaptation of the manga is announced by TBS, and will air in January 2019.
- During The Quintuplets Birthday Event on May 5, 2019, the second season of the anime is announced.
- As of December 4, 2019, Negi Haruba has announced that he would be ending the Manga series after the 14th volume.
- Related Article: "Negi's Shoes Panel"
The characters' overall design are sharp and more realistic looking: they have varied facial expression, the outfits are drawn properly (sometimes become the main focus of the page), and their body language is always on point.
Most of the background characters have a good amount of details: their eyes are drawn (as opposed to just silhouette),. have distinct emotions, and each of their activities are shown.
Background settings/scenes also drawn precisely, and small details (such as the leaves on a tree, random items in the surroundings, or faraway objects) are recognized in a glance. One of Negi's unique traits is highly detailed & realistic looking shoe panel. See Negi's Shoes Panel
- Related Article: "List of Chapters and Volumes"
Volume 1 cover features Itsuki Nakano and her sisters' partial shots. The cover of volume 2 to 6 feature one of the Nakano Quintuplets in their personalized student uniform with colored flower petals unique to each one of them in the background. The cover for volume 7 to 11 feature one Nakano Quintuplets in a western style wedding dress.
Each volume has an illustration of a flower bouquet with the series' romanized title (stylized as "5-toubun no Hanayome" in the Japanese volume, "the quintessential quintuplets" in the English version), author name, and volume number inside it.
The filler page has a picture of a diamond ring with the word "5-toubun no Hanayome" (Japanese volume) or "the quintessential quintuplets" (English volume) in the middle.
Every volume has an introduction about the Bride, all five Nakano Quintuplets, Fuutarou, and other characters. Each girl's introduction box contains various miscellaneous info about them and differ from volume to volume. There is also a "Quints Memo" box describing the Nakano Quintuplets' personalities and traits.
A short comic near the end of each volume, featuring the Nakano Quintuplets and other characters' daily life.
Next Volume Preview
A page that contains various cut scenes from the upcoming volume, author notes, editor commentary, and any announcements related to the series.
Store Bonus Illustrations are one-page illustration featuring one Nakano Quintuplets in different theme and/or outfits. These illustrations are bundled together with a volume of 5-toubun no Hanayome manga and available through several selected stores. There are five illustrations available in each volume number, and in order to collect all of them, the reader must purchase five volumes in five different stores. The illustration's size is smaller than a volume of 5-toubun no Hanayome manga.
Related Article: 5-toubun no Hanayome (Anime)
The anime adaption is announced during the manga's 1 year celebration in August 2018 (Chapter 49). The anime is produced by Tezuka Productions and have 12 episodes. The first season aired in January 2019. Later, the second season is announced during Quintuplets Birthday Event on May 5, 2019 (Chapter 84) and will premier in January 2020.
- Related Article: The Quintessential Quintuplets
Kodansha publishes the series digitally under their Kodansha Comics imprint. The official title used for the English release is "The Quintessential Quintuplets." There is no significant difference between the Japanese and English version, except the naming of characters and places.
- Related Article: We are Quintuplets
Ivrea Editorial licensed the series under the name "Somos Quintillizas" (We are quintuplets). The first volume was published on November 13, 2019.
- Related Article: My Bride is a Quintuplet
Indonesia (Bahasa Indonesia)
Elex Media Komputindo, one of the largest comic publishers in Indonesia, hinted that it has licensed 5-toubun no Hanayome, however, they did not reveal a release date for the manga.
- Related Article: The trick to quintuplets
On July 31st 2020, Studio JG announced a Polish release of the manga. Volume 1 had an early release on October 23rd  during their Autumn Manga Festival and officially released in November under the title "Sposób na pięcioraczki" (The trick to quintuplets).
In October 2017, a 30-second television commercial for the manga was released where Ayane Sakura voiced all five girls. There are several medium-sized billboards in various public places featuring the volume covers as the display.
In December 2018, a TV Commercial and a PV for the anime is made in preparation for the anime.
The series' first volume is published in October 2017. One year later, in October 2018, the total sales for 6 volumes is 1 million copies. In October 2019, the sales for 11 volumes is more than 7.5 million copies. The anime adaptation is responsible for the huge jump of manga sales, and it's above average Blu-ray & DVD sales. One of the biggest reason for this increase in sales is the anime that employ top-tier and very popular voice actresses.
- Among the series in Weekly Shounen Magazine, 5-toubun no Hanayome is the fastest series being adapted into an anime (49 chapter count). The next is A Silent Voice with 63 chapter count.
- Negi likes to draw shoes (or feet) and dedicate a single panel for them. Those panels serve various purposes to the story, such as showing the character's emotions, an important activity/event, and progressing the plot. See Negi's Shoes Panel
- Negi sometimes use certain topics to start and finish the volumes:
- The last page of Volume 1, 2, 3, and 4 (and indirectly 5 & 8) have Fuutarou and Itsuki in it.
- The first few pages of the first chapter in the Second Year Saga, Chapter 1, is about Fuutarou and his bride in their wedding ceremony. The last few pages of the last chapter in the saga, Chapter 68, is also about Fuutarou and his bride in their wedding ceremony.
- Volume 1: First chapter, a Nakano sister sees a half-naked Fuutarou. Last chapter, Fuutarou sees a half-naked Nakano sister.
- Volume 2: First chapter shows a photo of the current Fuutarou and one Nakano sister. Last chapter shows a photo of younger Fuutarou and a Nakano sister.
- Volume 3: First chapter, Yotsuba waves at Fuutarou. Last chapter, Yotsuba also waves at Fuutarou.
- Volume 4: First chapter is about the Nakano Quintuplets' finger game which involves all five fingers. Last chapter each of the Nakano Quintuplets holds one of Fuutarou's fingers.
- Volume 5: First chapter is about Rena in Fuutarou's imagination and the past. Last chapter is about Rena present in real life.
- Volume 6: The first chapter shows Rena's goodbye to Fuutarou and he falling into a body of water. The last chapter shows Fuutarou fell into a body of water and his goodbye to Rena.
- Volume 7: First chapter the Nakano sisters watch a love confession in a TV drama with Fuutarou. Last chapter a Nakano confesses to Fuutarou.
- Volume 8: First chapter Fuutarou is confronted face-to-face by a Nakano, and Miku tells Ichika that she won't lose. In the last chapter, Fuutarou is also confronted face-to-face by a Nakano, and it is Ichika who tells Miku that she won't lose to her.
- Volume 9: First chapter is about Nino's determination and Miku's horrible cooking. The last chapter is about Nino's determination and Miku's excellent cooking.
- Some of the characters in 5-toubun no Hanayome and Osomatsu-san (a series about loser sextuplet boys in their 20s) share similar traits, such as:
- Multiple-birth siblings (all born in May) being unmotivated.
- The siblings being color-coded with red, blue, green, purple, and yellow.
- The eldest sibling being a teasing, lazy slob.
- The middle child being shy, icy, withdrawn, and having a special interest.
- A social sibling who is often associated with bunnies.
- A serious sibling who tries to appear smarter than they are by sometimes wearing glasses.
- The middle child constantly being at odds with the second eldest sibling.
- The second youngest child being eccentric, quite cheerful, and great at sports.
- The second eldest child caring quite deeply for their siblings.
- A sibling nostalgic of the times when they were truly identical.
- The youngest sibling being a bit of a timid crybaby.
- Fuutarou has a similar haircut to the Matsuno brothers', complete with two Idiot Hairs.